Here’s our latest print of the week (POTW): The Minotaur.
I’m nuts about minotaurs. It’s true.
Ever since I saw 1977′s Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger, I’ve been really into this Greek beastie.
When I first discovered Dungeons and Dragons, I started collecting minotaur figures right away. I probably have more minotaurs than any other monster, aside from maybe golems. (Another monster love of mine.)
This print was an attempt to combine my love for old movie posters with the old D&D monster. I made him a bit awkward and funky, much like the weird combination of a bull and a man. I gave him a hurkin huge axe, so heavy and thick that it’d chop a warrior in two on friction alone.
I tried to limit the color palate quite a bit, and choose a color combo that I don’t normally use.
If you look closely, you can see Theseus there in the labyrinth, trailing some twine behind him so that he can find his way to freedom.
Print of the week works like this.
- I put up a print on SteamCrow.com, available for sale. (Not every week, but hopefully often.)
(I recommend the 12×18 print size – it’s the size that I make the art.)
- You order one by Friday at midnight. (Shipping is free in the USA.)
- We ship your print that weekend. (Most likely Sunday – going out Monday.)
- You get extras in every pre-order. (Postcard, sticker, buttons – stuff like that.)
- You get your print fast! Everyone is happy!
- Daniel & Dawna Davis